Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The paperwork has gone through!

Well, in this digital age we live in, of course I mean "virtual paperwork" i.e. I got an email saying that my transfer had been approved, and that as of next school year, I will be teaching high school! I will not list the name here, but you can ask Dave, or Will, or momanddad.

I am thrilled, elated, anxious, terrified, impatient, mellow and contemplative all at the same time.

So far the responses have all been positive. My favorite (repeated) comment is, "oh. Does it pay more to teach older kids?" Um. No, of course not. If teacher pay was correlated to the age of the student, college professors would make WAY more than they do, and nobody would teach Kindergarten. And as I have said before, teaching Kindergarten automatically qualifies you for sainthood in my book.

***

So then if not for more money, then why?

It just felt like the right time. That's all. I have nothing but love for elementary and my current campus.

That and I love a good challenge. And I am pretty sure that none of my high school students will ask me to tie their shoes.

"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants