Monday, July 23, 2007

The Logical Conclusion to the Cranky Diatribe Series: The End of Civilization

I don't normally post the URL for the link, but that's the point here:

http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=president+colon

The world media, as in every news outlet in the world, has decided that the front line of news is ... Anyhow, Google News counts over 2200 stories as of 8:12 PM.

I foolishly thought I would make to retirement age before I decried the end of the civilized world, but I seem to have fallen well short.

I mean, really. REALLY! This is news? I know that its even hard for me to tell when I am tounge-in-cheeck, but in all earnestness, I am outraged that the level of intelligent discourse from so-called journalism - having failed to say anything interesting to say about what's on the president's mind has... well, y'know.

Edward R. Murrow is spinning in his grave.
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants