Wednesday, June 04, 2008

9 years later, the auto industry is finally getting around to it

For years I've groused about how they need some sort of car to car bluetooth thingy so that I can push a touch screen, get the face of the driver from an eyeball camera on his mirror and say, "Dude! Stop tailgating me!" and then the driver can say, "Hey! I'm late for work, get out of my way" then I can call the guy in the lane over and say, "Hey, let me in because the guy tailgating me is late for work"

Apparently the FCC thought the same thing nine years ago.

I mention this because the trade magazine which I get is running an article about it. Of the various photographs, only #8 really impresses me. Everything else just looks like a cludgely mess.



Also in this issue: Engineering the electrical banana. They call it mellow yello.

For a good example of how the comm system should work (and where I got my idea from originally) play Wing Commander: Privateer
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants