Saturday, September 19, 2009

Two Songs By Jason

Jason composed two songs. I made a video of one and I figured out the chords for the other. I wrote down the lyrics for both. They are as good as anything I have ever written. I mean, maybe not as "clever" but certainly every bit as expressive as I try to be and a whole lot less cautious about exposing emotional vunerability. In short, I love these songs, like I love my son.

Without further ado:

A year with packpack
Last night
they drop stuff in packpack
And packpack is for me
And I go to school
And I put packpack on school table
And play
and play and play and play and play and play and play and play
and play and play and play


Go
To
And go and go to
And go to sleep
And its snowing
And Santa puts presents
everywhere
and go back to the moon


One day there was stuff in
packpack
it was under 'puter and 'kota play games
'kota play tool game
and car fix

One day there was stuff in packpack and
Go
To
party -- dance party
I mean, it was his birthday
and his present was
a funny bear and 'inosaurs
and stuff
and throw 'way present paper
presents for trashcan

GOOD NIGHT!


====================
Bad Monkey Dragon (chords in italics)
C
there once was a monkey dragon
em
he's destroying houses
F
and destroying pictures
C

and destroying shirt
em
and destroying tv's
F
because tv are not turned on
C
monkey dragon wants to turn tvs on
em
but he wants this song ending even more
F
so he destroyed some toys
F
and stepped on them
em
and that's a bad
F
monkey
c
dragon

and goodnight!
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants