Friday, August 06, 2004

My parody of Milorad Pavic's writing

Every so many years I wonder about the different versions of the Dictionary of the Khazars before I succumb to the curiosity and pull it off the shelf again so that I may have something to read on the can. It is a small room painted blue with a small cage full of National Geographics. When I close my eyes, the pictures in the magazine take me away to someplace else. I am separated from the photographer who shot the photograph as the Pac-Man in the pie chart is separated from the two-thirds that he represents. Sometime I will read the book at the table in the living room. On the back of the book is a picture of a fly. They say that time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana. As, I blog these words centuries of electrons die - their souls shattered like a salt lick.
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants