Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Louren joins the blog! - Hope my parents still have a house after tonight

Ok, not really a very exciting post, but I am damned proud of myself anyway.

As hurricane Ivan bears down on my parents houses (the one the currently own, but have contracted to sell, and the one that they were suppossed to close on today), I worry about them in a way that they probably worried about me when I was growning up, and how I worry about Dakota. The hurricane stuff is complicated by the fact that my dad is home alone with the dogs, and my mom is stuck in Colorado at her parents' house (note to self, never buy tickets from Orbitz.com - apparently they will "cancel" you tickets, and resell those same spots to full fare customers when the need presents itself. My mom was booted from her flight to Colorado, and home, which is why she was unable to make it home before the airports closed).
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants