Friday, September 24, 2004

MSN Entertainment - News - O'Connor Wants People to Stop Heckling

I was going to rant about Kenneth Branagh and why the language Shakespeare was tired and worn out and how ham acting hasn't saved it. But as I opened my browser IE proceeded to tell me that poking fun of Sinead O'Connor has finally hurt her feelings.

Which makes me switch to the other thing I was going to blog about: does being dead make you more of a credible celebrity?

This was going to be a very boring essay comparing Bono to John Lennon and then comparing Kurt Cobain to John Lennon. But let's face it: Bono is no John Lennon. What's more Kurt Cobain didn't have a long enough career to make that comparison be at all meaningful.

All that is nonsense however since: Mick Jagger and Lou Reed are still alive and aren't tired out like David Bowie

Wait... I need another link FANCY COFFEE!
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants