Friday, September 09, 2005

My New Favorite Band

I LOVE Harry and the Potters. Save Ginny Weasley from the debut "Harry and the Potters" is stuck in my head, as is the Godfather: part II from "Voldemort can't stop the rock!"

I know, it sounds like total cheezewhiz, two guys dressing up like Harry Potter, singing songs inspired by the books. But these guys rock out.

I wish my brother and I had formed some sort of awesome band when we were younger. But then again, I only made it through a half dozen or so guitar lessons in 9th grade before I was fed up with Mr. "school *shudder* I did that for a while, but I quit." I also didn't like that he couldn't seem to remember to not partake of certain herbage right before my lessons. Maybe it made him a better musician, but smelling him, and wondering why he kept talking about the ice cream shop next door, did not make me a better music student.

And mom and dad would have never allowed drums in the house for Owen. Or at least the hours of practicing that would have been needed.

Also, Owen and I never got along that well 10 years ago. We would have been more Gallagher brothers than Hanson brothers, with him flat out denying being related to me to my former and his current teachers (what? No I'm not Louren's little brother. Never heard of her).

But we get along great now. Why, just today he called to offer my first born a FREE kitten that he found on his doorstep. He was even willing to drive it all the way to Texas.

My brother - what a giver.

(when asked what kind of cat it was, he asked, is there more than one kind of cat?)
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants