Monday, April 07, 2008

Not elected and the traffic is past my exit.

EXT. CAR - DAY
DAD is driving. Dakota is in back seat eating do-nut holes. Car drives past a "VOTE HERE!" sign and several campaign posters.

INT. CAR - DAY
DAKOTA

They are voting at my school. They are going to pick the president.


DAD

Yup.


DAKOTA

Is anyone going to vote for you, Dad?


DAD

No, sweetheart, no one has ever voted for me to be president... of anything.


DAKOTA

Well, you could vote for yourself.


DAD

I could, but I don't feel that I am the best qualified candidate.


DAKOTA

Maybe you should do more good stuff. Like maybe you can bring your boss an apple everyday.


DAD

Good idea.
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants