Saturday, November 08, 2008

Eulogy for a Monarch

 

I found this poor soul near my doorstep, no doubt bewildered by the sudden frost after days of balmy warmth. Such is life, and alas death, in Houston. As I inspect the last grimace of this noble Monarch, I wonder if there were any regrets. Will anyone mourn for the tsunamis that were not caused in Japan?

I will.

At the risk of seeming like Titus Andronicus or Michael Scott, the tragedy of a life so short cut shorter while seemingly looking to me for shelter does give me pause. Have I failed in some unknown responsibility? Is this a portent? Or call to a greater purpose? Or is this just one of those things that I am supposed to just shrug off unaffected?

As I wonder this, I am reminded to get my kids their flu shot.
Posted by Picasa
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants