Monday, July 27, 2009

Curiouser and curiouser

Its fascinating to read "Alice in Wonderland" to Dakota. Dakota
identifies with Alice to a far greater extent than I ever did. Where I
just got irratated by her spouting nonsense, Dakota feels sympathy for
Alice's efforts to make sense of the insane and dishonest world of
grown ups and animals.
Although I read both "wonderland" and "looking glass" many times
growing up (and was even in a 5th grade production of looking glass,
one of a series of really lousy parts in the school play that resulted
from being sick one day just one day and the good part was taken away
from me. not that I'm still bitter about it but I should have been
the white knight. I mean white knight... Hello? I am so the white
knight. I mean in life, not just in that play) but never did I find
the material so howling funny as I do now.

--
Sent from my mobile device

"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants