Sunday, April 24, 2005

2x Banal

1. I'm sure the The Elkridge Hollerer reads more like The Elkridge Least Common Denominator at times. I'm trying to write occasional things that I might mention in an everyday conversation, but the conversation might be with family, friends from Rice, or friends from DC, and not be too embarrassing/revealing/unprofessional if randomly discovered via the mischief of the Internet by those who don't know me as well as do friends and family. So it probably is banal at times. But then again, the Panama Banal was one of the great engineering feats of the 20th century; there's worse company to be in.

More to the point, it's a way to keep in touch, and I hope that it's not so dull that my friends would just as soon not read it.

2. They're not all that long, but I can't bring myself to post the full lyrics to Rush's "Working Man". The first verse is more than enough:
I get up at seven, yeah
And I go to work at nine
I got no time for livin’
Yes, I’m workin’ all the time
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants