Thursday, January 05, 2006

My son is growing up

When Jason was about 6 weeks old, he was crying in his crib because he was lonely and needed some comforting.

"He's still crying, Will, why don't you go put on some classical music?"

Ok... so I put on Original Jamaican Classics vol.1. I got this CD at the Skatalites show in the summer of 1994, at the Wetlands. It was a pretty great summer and I basically think that the CD has some of the best old-school ska of my music collection, so I was happy that Jason took to it. This was one of many early indications that Jason had a very different temperment from Dakota, who responded more to Techno/Acid Jazz (again, a very mid-90's sentiment)

Anyway, I'm not sure if I thought that Jason would grow up and become Jackie Mitoo or something, but it seems that he is branching out.

Louren has been playing a lot of Tom Petty, which is cool. We've tried some Beatles, but we started a bit too psychadelic. ("Dad... you're freakin Jason out!" as Dakota would say)
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants