Sunday, July 13, 2008

Why is Jesse Sr being critical of Obama news?

I would have thought that everything that the media had to say about this would have already been said when Jesse Jackson, Sr. was rebutted by his own son.

Here's why it's news: The simplistic news is a study of one-dimensional characterisation. Honestly, there is more nuance in professional wrestling than what you get on the coverage of this issue. I'm repeating myself: I had exactly this reaction when the Cindy Sheehan story broke. I only mention this because I was dead on accurate about this part:


Over the next few weeks I expect that the various media outlets will "fill in the blanks" by fitting the "two sides" back into traditional characterizations until we go back to the simplistic "left" vs "right" dicotomy. Listen for the undercurrent of "well gang, that solves that mystery" This will be the tone of articles from media outlets of all stripes.


My point is, I'm an awesome super genius. Yay me. And with that daily affirmation, I am ready to study some more bar exam materials.
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants