Tuesday, April 27, 2004

A picture of a Donkey Dressed up like Carmen Miranda

For years I've flubbed a joke based on the lyrics to I WISH by King Missile.

This particular joke would come in to play if I was at a restaurant with friends and there was one of those photobooths. Whenever you have would of those things within sight, the conversation would naturally turn to talking about how great those things are and how fun it is to have four itsy bitsy pictures of yourself making funny faces, all in a row.

I would then make my joke:

If I had a restaurant, there would be a photobooth, but it would have a twilight zone twist. There would be a sign written in all spooky letters "This booth takes a picture of your soul." But the catch is: every picture would be of a Donkey Dressed like Carmen Miranda.

But of course, the line from the song is "a tornado dressed like a statue of Carmen Miranda" so the punchline is flubbed.

Still... it would be a great Twilight Zone ep:

The first person would cry, "Hey! I don't have a Donkey soul!"
And the second person would exclaim, "Hey! I don't have a Carmen Miranda soul!"
And the third person (who would be off Camera) would be like "Hee-haw" and the the camera would pan left-to-right and >>>SUPRISE<<< It'd be an actual donkey dressed up like Carmen Miranda!

Dweedle-doodle-dweedle-doodle-dweedle-doodle.... BAH-BAH-BAH-BUMMM!
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants