Wednesday, February 16, 2005

DNC - revisited

2b - Perhaps some conservatives call him "the devil," but more relevant are those with an interest and role in getting conservatives elected (eg, Karl Rove, National Review) who call Howard Dean "their best-case opponent" (in so many words). Maybe their judgement is flawed, but since the job of the DNC chairman is to get Democrats elected, and those other guys keep beating them, it seems relevant.

2b' - I don't know that it speaks well of Dean when a conservative calls him "the devil." But I know I'm not impressed with Dean when he says, "I hate the Republicans and everything they stand for..." (Maybe that quote has been taken grossly out of context, but I can't figure what context would make that statement even marginally helpful, admirable, or well-considered.)

2c - It doesn't strike me as a good thing that the party campaign director/organizer can't keep the media from concluding that he's crazy (insofar as they think that, not just that he's not the best person for the job).

Just to clarify, I don't have any strong feelings towards the DNC, Dean, or their convergence. I'm just responding for the sake of responding.
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants