Monday, August 22, 2005

If that's how they measure appropriateness, then I'm the King of England

I got into a big fight once at Interliant when I explained matter of factly that it was perfectly valid, logically, to have a false premise imply a false conclusion.

It wasn't really a big fight, the other person manage to sway the crowd that I knew absolutely nothing about logic. So I just shrugged and said, "Well apparently, that's a fact."

I also had an joke using a double-entendre (also known as a snotty pun) on "absolutely nothing" The pun was a Hegelian reference. The whole joke was ill-conceived. Its better just to describe it. There.
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants