Friday, August 05, 2005

Dakota and the Canadians

Dakota: Mommy, I saw a Canadian today.

Louren: Really? What's a Canadian?

Dakota: Mommy, you know. They are kinda like a lizard, and they can be green.
But sometimes they change their colors.

Louren: Oh! Those Canadians.

*****

I just didn't have the heart to tell her the real word was chameleon. Plus, this is a way better definition, to me, of what a Canadian is.

*****

School starts on Wednesday for me (just in time for me to no longer be radioactive). We get kids the following Tuesday.

Summer in Texas. Short, hot and sweaty. I am sure there is some analogy to be made there, but I am too tired.
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants