Tuesday, February 07, 2006

We are thinking about 李 尚 魄 but don't ask me how to pronounce 魄

 
in Cantonese because I don't know. I have been thinking about what Jason's name should be for a while now and because Dakota is 李(Li) 尚(Sheung) 暉(Fai), 尚 魄 has a pleasing balance and harmony like, I don't know... i seem to recall some sort of symbolic representation of this in Asian culture that has been heavily appropriated into the West.

Therein lies the rub, I'm cut-off from the Chinese language and so for all I know 李 尚 魄 means "Soul of the lycanthropic deamon" in which case it would be a great name for my favorite werewolf actor from Soul man. As it is, I believe that his name means "the quality of striving to the soulful quality of the darkness of the moon is a member of the Li family." I am pretty sure that I got the last part right. Posted by Picasa
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants