Thursday, April 05, 2007

Now We Are Six

by A. A. Milne
When I was One,
I had just begun.
When I was Two,
I was nearly new.
When I was Three
I was hardly me.
When I was Four,
I was not much more.
When I was Five, I was just alive.
But now I am Six, I'm as clever as clever,
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.


Sigh... how original to mark Dakota's 6th Birthday with "Now we are six" I can hardly wait until I am asked to speak at a commencement and talk about "Oh the places you'll go" and "the road less traveled."

Milne isn't Dakota. Dakota was fully her own person at about three minutes, and when she was four, she was so much more. And when she was two, we scared the cr*p out of her with Scooby Doo...
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants