Sunday, May 17, 2009

Putting the shun in Fashion

Cushion
Pincushion
Parishioner


Anyhow. I heard that Tim Gunn is pushing to extend copyright to
clothing design as (I suppose) sculptural work. I think this is a bad
idea although I can see other protections against counterfeiting, like
maybe on the sewing patterns.

Still, clothes are difficult to copyright similiar to recipes. In that
vein, I feel as if anything that is possible must inevitably be
fashionable.

Therefore

If they ever allow it, I want to protect my design for a dinner
jacket, with a nehru collar and a zipper instead of button, made of
kevlar. Matching formal trousers are have cargo pockets and optional
thigh holster for a gun or a cell phone. And tevas with vinyl toughes
to make it look like patent leather

--
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com

"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants