Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Please visit the memorial website for my mother.

Eugene and I put up this page to honor her memory.

http://gladysmli.blogspot.com

While I invite you to share memories in honor of my mother on her site, I must also apologize for removing all the contributors to 3 of 4, but in this case, I really must insist on having the last word.

Did you ever notice that whenever there is a lull in the conversation, you talk about Abraham Lincoln? There was never a lull in the conversation with Mom, but she did talk at great length about Lincoln. Dakota also likes Abraham Lincoln, too. A few years ago, Mom sent me a charcoal drawing of Abraham Lincoln that my Grandpa did. She sent it because Dakota told "Gran" all about our 16th President on the telephone.

Mom meant the picture to go in my office but Dakota and I assumed it was for her, and I hung it in Dakota's room. When Mom came to visit and saw it there, she laughed. One day, maybe Dakota will be President. I told Mom about that idea and she was all for it.

"Dakota is very capable, I think she'd be a great president, if that's what she decides she wants to be. But just let Dakota enjoy being Dakota. That's what's really important."
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants