Saturday, October 10, 2009

Home

About two years ago, I lived in Sugar Land, Texas. I went across the railroad tracks to live next to the prison farm. How very bluesman.

On Memorial day this year, I let some of the blues out of my hohner pro harp with the blown reed at a biker bar's open mic jam session. That was so blues, it could be metal.

This weekend, I excitedly went to the grand opening of a new Kroeger. Its not just a grocery store. They also have an in-store starbucks and they sell a lot of home decor. I bought some eggs and drove home.
Passing the entrance of my subdivision, I waved to Officer Mac, who patrols our neighborhood. He was in his hiding spot by the tennis court.

I also passed the undeveloped and undevelopable part of the subdivision; under the raised power lines that run back to the power substation transformer. Seeing it always makes me think back
When Eugene and I picked a final resting place for my Dad, it was on a hill next to the same power line structures; like the bones of giants, all of whom struck dead at once by a wizard, while they were reaching up to the sky. Eugene said "I am not sure about leaving him here, its peaceful and green but I don't like the power lines."

"That's so funny, this is the first place I like and its ONLY because of the power lines"

And of course, I grew up with a power substantion transformer behind my back yard....
Back at the house, I made a salad and listened to Ben Folds.

Later, I heard a joke "What's a pirates favorite type of sock? ARRRRgyle!"

"I used the same thinking to pick my model toyota..."

No response.

I stayed up late chatting online with the Kongai crowd. My main deck no longer leads with CC equiped with Necromantic Tomes, does this mean that strategy is played out? Does it even matter with series two now in late beta? One of the more experienced players typed, " Srysly! o.O"

Today, I am having an early dinner at "Carmelo's", a tacqueria, and one of four places where I am greated with "Hey, Mr. William! The usual?"

When I was a sophmore at Rice, I decided to try to write fiction. I used an old manual typewriter and tried to start stories before the beginning and end them after the end, as if watching drama unfold at a
subway or bus stop; people watching rather than narration. Good in theory, but I'm not Uatu.

More accuarate is that much of my narrative does not have much point. For example, the point of this post is that I feel at home. As per usual, I have made the point after a painfully long build-up.  Now I got two choices: end this post abruptly or trail off.

Before I make the choice, I want to let you know: the painfully long build up is not on purpose, I swear. Its just a product of that part of me where I lack self-awareness. Once I realize that it's happened again, then the sudden end or trailing off
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants