Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Decrypting Life's Mysteries

It escaped my attention that Soupy Sales passed away.  As far as comedians go, Soupy Sales is who I am most trying to emulate. This is a strange statement to make given my age, and perhaps deserves more consideration.  Not for Sales, but for the person who is really fascinating: me!

I discovered that Sales died when I read an article in the NY Times that a new Yankees tradition is now to get a pie in the face when the Yankees win a home game on the last AB. If you are wondering who Soupy Sales is, click on the link, which is his Wikipedia article. And also: boo on you.

Anyhow, our own forgotten past and the effect it has had on our attitudes is one of life's mysteries to decrypt.  This blog has helped me solve one of them.  Why am I so fond of:

Soupy Sales
John Ritter
Dick Clark


Of course!  When I was in elementary and there were no cartoons on TV, I would watch  "$25,000 Pyramid" because it was a game show that I could understand and play along at home.

Deep....
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants