Sunday, January 18, 2004

For the sake of completeness, I have referenced this blog on friendster. I was pretty much using the "about me" space for the same purpose as this blog anyway. Here is what had been in that space:
My wife pointed out that Dora the Explorer and her "so-called friend" the Map seem to have a strained relationship. When Dora is lost, she says, "Who do we ask, when we don't know which way to go?" But then, her Monkey Pal, Boots, not Dora, is the one who answers this rhetorical question (it's the map).

The most telling remark indicative of a strained relationship comes from the Map himself: "Where is Dora trying to go?" he asks. He acts as if he wasn't right there on Dora's back, listening to every word she says.

"Well I know how to get there... Tell Dora to get there she needs to go here then here then finally to here." Actually, that might be the problem... he's always on her back, telling her where to go, but he himself would have no purpose without her. That sort of co-dependence is unhealthy.

Anyhow... Map, you gotta listen to me, Dude. You need to tell Dora yourself, don't take it out on the kids because you are mad at your spouse.
ALSO:

I had a rave about Thomas Dolby there that I've since lost.
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants