Saturday, May 15, 2004

Kill that MIDI, you fool.

Now that it is commonly accepted wisdom that MIDIs on web sites are totally cruddy, why does it still happen? I suppose that this is the web equivalent of putting ugly kitsch on your front lawn. Actually its more obnoxious. It is the equivalent of having the "Singing Fish" hung over the fireplace mantle, next to Granpa's ashes.

Actually, I am fairly grumpy about my computer making noises. Unless I am playing a video game or Musicmatch, I keep it on Mute. It annoys me that they don't have a Mute button on the keyboard. I should assign one of the f keys to this function as in "shut the f- up"

Speaking of f keys. If you develop software and f1 does anything besides pull up the help menu - then I curse you: May all your applications leak memory and may your semi-colon key always be sticky.
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants