Thursday, January 22, 2009

William Li's Endorsement of Barrack Obama

Today, President Barrack Obama put in place a policy that showed his effectiveness as a leader, his ability to transcend politics, and his strength of character. I am, of course, talking about the fact that he will be continuing to use his BlackBerry.

Obama faced down a daunting coalition of IT staff, Secret Service minders, NSA, White House lawyers, and beaucrats who said to him "No We Can't" to him he said "My will is stronger, you cannot outlast me. Yes we can."

A gracious winner, however, he did agree to certain measures that showed his concern for his number 1 job of security for the United States. That is to say he may also have a BlackBerry made to military specification. Check it out the General Dynamic Sectéra® Edge™, this thing is friggin' sweet.

I heard a rumor that there are certain hidden features like, if some jerk is hassling him, he can train an infrared beam on the doofus and an airwing of F-16s will come and blow 'em all to smithereens! Also it plays MP3s.

Seriously though, I admit being somewhat ambivelent as to whether Obama had the will to really lead the executive branch, which means working the controls of the machine rather than vice versa. But it also means actually working the machine, not just kicking the controls and saying "if I shut my eyes and stamp my feet hard enough I can change reality", with IT issues especially this can be a big problem. Today Obama addressed both of those concerns for me.
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants