Saturday, April 25, 2009

Houston Press item: RenFest Auditions

First of all: who knew?

It seems like an employment law violation just waiting to happen. Consider:

"I'm sorry this part calls for a 'lusty wench' and frankly.... I'm
just not feeling the lust."

"Ignoble bastards? Where are the applicants for ignoble bastard?
Good. How are you gentlemen, or should I say..."

Second: this is one of my favorite episodes of "Home Movies". The
renfest is next door to the scifi con and all hell breaks loose. Its a
big hit with the kids as well.

Sadly, I understand that people have no such compunction about the
houston renfest. Folks show up dressed in their starfleet uniform all
the time. Dorks.

--
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com

"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants