Saturday, February 07, 2004

Happy Birthday to Dave.
You may misbehave
and act like a Knave
on this great day you have.


The previous non-rhyme was inspired by the February 6 Writer's Almanac. Nothing beats driving to work feeling happy because my daughter said "Bye Daddy, have a nice day!" and then having it ruined - not by the news - not by the traffic - but by that Prince of self-satisfied smugness Garrison Eeyore. Today he managed his daily vex by stubbornly refusing to change the pronunciation of "move" or "love" in his "I am so laconic and Midwestern that I am better than you" recitation of "The Passionate Shepherd to His Love," by Christopher Marlowe. If I had read the poem, I would have purposely changed the pronunciation of both words to "muv" and "louve" such that the non-rhyme of the poem sticks out even worse, but that's just me.

Boy! This reminds me of all the press coverage that I got in the Thresher for making a "poorly reasoned ad-hominem attack."I wish everyday could be as great as that day.

Actually today was okay and I hope that tomorrow is even better, especially in the Pacific Northwest. Be well, do good work, and keep in touche
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants