Tuesday, February 03, 2004

I was thinking about Incubus, that silly horror movie filmed in Esparanto starring William Shatner. Specifically, I was thinking about how when Craig Kilborn hosted the Daily Show, he did a piece whereby he showed the movie to a seniors Esparanto club. All they could do was nitpick on Shatner's pronuncation of Esparanto.

What? Its a fake language!

It reminds me of how Doug Triggs wrote a program in Scheme to translate Esparanto into Klingon, except that I can believe that people have a leg to stand on when warning about the dangers of mispronouncing Klingon.

Anyway, this is a long way around my elbow to today's point: TRAG.

"Trag" is a term that Louren coined by accident. To describe Trav when he is aggrevated about something as in "I don't understand this Trag about Janet Jackson."

I was about to go work when I thought, "Trag", that's a Portmanteau. My favorite!"

Then I thought, "Trag sounds like Klingon... or maybe Esparanto... Hey, remember Incubus?"

Then I thought about how those hypercritical Esparantons on the Daily show and it made be get all Traggy.
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants