Friday, June 16, 2006

Bill Gates to Follow Dave Miller and leave Microsoft

Today @ PC World - Bill Gates to Leave Microsoft; CTO Ray Ozzie Steps Up

It is reported Mr. Gates was imagined to be thinking "When Dave Miller left Microsoft in order to do... no no no in order to just be. That gave me pause. Well, that and the fact that I am the richest man in the world."

I've previously expressed a great deal of enthusiasm for Ray Ozzie and I have not changed my mind.

What's next for Gates? People (like Gates himself) say he will focus on his charities, but I believe that he and Oprah Winfrey will run for co-president of the United States in 2008. Someone will try to tell them that its not allowed and they will just laugh. Gates will say something about "don't stiffle innovation."
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants