Friday, June 09, 2006

Search and Rescue

Jason is very good at finding things. Once, he found some fish that had gone missing between the car and the house after a trip to the grocery store. Not sure where he found it, but it was within 5 minutes of my arriving home, which was unfortunately not withing the three minutes it took for me to freak out and be back in the car heading for the store to buy more fish. We had a lot of fish that weekend.

Today, he has been finding things in cabinets that I thought were child proofed. Also, I have been sorting through the last boxes from elementary, to decide what really needs to go to highschool, and what can stay at home, or go to mom. Jason has been thwarting this, resorting things from box to box.

****
Dakota just came up to me and asked, "can we sell our house?"
She wants to see soot sprites like in my neighbor totoro a japanese animated movie she adores.

Sorry kiddo. We are here until a major event occurs, such as Will being offered the chance to practice law someplace exotic, or they rezone the schools. I don't see either happening anytime soon.

Besides, I love our house. And it will be clean and organized, sooner if Jason stops helping.

I must get him back to two naps a day. Is it 9:30 am yet?
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants