Monday, June 05, 2006

Why I am glad that Harry Knowles is not Dakota's uncle

Read this here. Specifically the last three paragraphs (okay, not the last one, but the next to last two).

Taking a 5 year old to see a horror movie, so the kid will learn to be good? Nice.

I know that Owen would never take Dakota (or Jason for that matter) to see an inapropriately scary movie at age 5.

And I know that Eugene would never take Dakota to a movie (because that would necesitate Stephanie being there as well, and probably end up including Teresa too - and be something like The Sugar Princess Ponies Tea Party Adventure - Part 3 IMAX - and there is no way that would ever happen, because have you seen what movie tickets cost in New York?)

I guess what I am saying is that I am glad that my kids' uncles (and "uncles" - Dave, Trav, Erik, Jeff, Andy, etc) are smart enough to know what movies are and are not good for a 5 year old.
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants