Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Administrative note

If you see a post like this where the text goes lovingly over to the end of the screen and the word-wraps. I logged into blogger to do it. But if there is a loathesome carriage return (wow, where did that analog term come from? I meant to say line break. I have mechanical typewritter on the brain.) then I used gmail from my blackberry. But if the message and the headline are the same and the message is less than 150 characters, it was a text message. Possibly I was driving, which is both dangerous and illegal in California, but Monday night I was watching "Heroes" and saw a commercial that I didn't like.

I had a dream last night that I failed the bar and joined the Marines. Some sort of middle aged fantasy? I'm a bit young for middle aged, but I've always had sort of a middle-aged soul, I guess. Anyhow, the point was that my achilles is no longer injured in my dreams. So I guess that means I am on the mend.

As for Twitter being like the new Star Trek. I don't like Twitter any more than I liked IRC, which is to say that I don't like it. Star Trek is not like that. I think that the re-boot needed is to have more original cast Star Trek movies. In the new movies, there is no Space Travel and few special effects; just dialog about the human condition. Then a big space battle happens at the end and everyone is killed. Then the next movie starts with a lame explanation about how they escaped death, "boy people aren't going to believe how we escaped that. So let's never mention it again." and then they start over.
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants