Saturday, March 28, 2009

The joys of being Dakota's father

Dakota is a fussy eater so I am always intruiged as to what new foods
she likes. Pizza with anchiovies-- she knows that they are little
oily salted fishes and loves it.

Then she drops this bomb, "Dad we need to have a talk about something
that is important to all girls in second grade... the Jonas Brothers.
Well, do you know who they are?"

"Yes, princess."

"Dad, I would prefer you call me Dakota all the time. I have a
reputation as a tough kid to uphold and people shouldn't know that I'm
so soft inside."

"I certainty understand that sentiment, Dakota."

"Good. So listen, I listened to one of the Jonas Brothers' songs on TV
and I just have to say: they totally suck."

--
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com

"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants