Monday, March 02, 2009

The who?

No, they're not "the who"

http://m.delmarvanow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090228/OPINION03/902280348/1014/OPINION&template=wapart

It occurs to me that because Dakota is not yet into double digits for
age, I have been spared having to hear about the Jonas Brothers. The
thing is: Although I've never heard any of their music, I don't assume
its bad. Carol King and Neil Diamond wrote the songs for "The
Monkees" and I like Miley Cyrus about as much as I can like any
Nashville Country Pop. It always mystifies me how after spending so
much effort in picking performers who can sing and dance and look the
part, the result can be stuff like "All 4 One" (They were popular my
senior year of high school, I think I heard a Nashville star cover "I
Swear"). Anyhow, as I lie here procrastinating waking the kids for
school, I reflect on the Letter To Editor in the link above. There is
no way thats a 13 year old girl. Its more like a 29 year old grad
student writting in sotto voce as her inner 13 year old girl. "my
grandmother showed me the section" indeed.

--
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com

"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants