Friday, March 27, 2009

Electric chairs and dynamos, dressed to kill they're killing me

I really want to love the Tesla because it looks damn cool and considering that I have never ever been a sports car guy, that's got to be some sort of high bar to clear. My Yaris is about the sportiest car I've ever had. I still miss Mike Hardy's S-10 Blazer with the Houston Post keeping the window from falling down. Who knows, maybe I've having this mid-life crisis that I keep talking about and will need a sports car that Jason and Dakota can spill their chocolate milk on... no, I think I'll keep the Yaris with the scotch guarded fabric seats thank you. Its got a nice radio. Theives if you are reading this, don't steal my radio, its the factory radio.

But when I hear claims that the $57K car is somehow a bargain because you get a tax credit and it will be low maintenance, I wonder if Tesla's motivation to make these representations is a part of some master plan to run a future model of car on turbines powered by derisive laughter.

My other problem with Tesla is that their CEO just seems like such a jerk-face.


Why not use more parts normal parts? Do you really thing custom means better?


Why treat your employees so bad?


Why not conceed that your car is years late and hella overbudget?


Why are you wearing that stupid sweater? Oh carp, I'm wearing the same sweater.
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants