Thursday, March 05, 2009

This happened when I got back from London, too

I left and returned to a totally unrecognizable culture dominated by
what Brandon Kirby refered to as "son of NirvanaPearlSh--"

here's evidence that I've dropped in from the moon:

I have no idea who Rihana is, or why she was savagely beaten at the
Grammys. I hope she's alright and doesnt get back together with her
abuser, who is also someone who I am supposed to know but dont. Seems
like a sad situation, its not clear why the media wont leave her
alone, but thats because (as I said) I have no idea who she is.

Apparently there have been 13 seasons of "the bachelor" and the last
bachelor had been on the "ms pacman" version. Really? When did this
happen? And when did it take such prominence in culture? Dude goes on
the reunion show to break up with the winner and get back together
with the runner up. I heard that he kept shouting "do over! Do over!"
At the finale but the producers ignored him so then he said "i'll get
my farventednugent or else my name is herb the guy who never tasted a
whopper" Seriously though, this epic jerkface behavior seems like it
should have been great TV, but people seem mad about it. "Oh no,
there was too much low comedy originating from pettiness vanity and
mendacity of reality tv".

John McCain understands twitter and I dont. This is the most
surprising turn of events ever. There are other things in my life that
one think I might consider to be a more surprising turn, but no: its
tweeting McCain, the Senator from "cant figure out his email".
Apparently he's tweeting about parts of the omnibus bill that he
thinks should be cut hoping that the power of his ugly sneers will put
an end to them. Ha. Sometimes I think he's the callow youth and I'm
the cranky cynic. Washington DC, and you can correct me if I"m wrong
about this Trav, is a city without shame. Ugly sneers aint gonna stop
nuthin other than keep your face from lookin pretty (which there was not
really much hope for in McCain's case to begin with)

One day until "Watchmen". I hope its good.

--
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com

"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants