Wednesday, December 29, 2004

How I ruined my blog on my lunch break with clip art

1. I am stealing someone elses bandwidth just by posting this clip art. When I still posted to Usenet, I made fun of people who complained about bandwidth wasting posts. But that was text and those people had university accounts. This these are graphics and the people who I am hurting have web hosting to deal with. Moreover, from a Nethical (that's a term coined by Andy Chen's favorite actress, Natalie Portmantaeu[add link here]) standpoint, its so bad that they are adding a new circle in hell for people who do this all the time.

2. I am using these images without permission. I'm not sure how to get permission, and I don't know if it matters that I am not gaining anything, blah blah blah.

3. Readability is horrifically damaged.

4. How unbeliebably corny are my images "The law" "parenthood" "sheep" all aspects of Williamness (queue soap-opera music)?

What do I have to say in my own defense


Its only temporary. By Jan 1, I'll have the "New look for 2005" completed. I plan on using stuff that Dakota, Louren or I drew or shot. Mainly, I wanted to make use of Google Hello [insert link here] for the blog template.

Like tuning a guitar, at first it's ugly.
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants