Monday, January 03, 2005

Dakota's Plan

Today Dakota told me that she was ready for our baby to be here, and for us to take him home. I told her that he is still inside mommy, and maybe not ready to come out yet. Here is roughly how the rest of the conversation went:

"Well, we need to get him out."

"OK. How do you think we should do this?"

Thinks. "We can use a rope."

"What?"

We can poke a rope in you, lassoe it around his belly, and pull him out!"

"Um, poke a rope where?"

"You know Mommy, through your belly button!"

Ok, so she knows more about the physics of what is going on than I thought, but is also, thankfully, still very naive about certain details. Which of course reinforces our decision that her being at the birth would be more of a scary moment for her, than a "beautiful experience" to share.

***
Oh, and if one more person suggests to me that Castor Oil is the way to go, or that I look (bigger/smaller) than they think I should at this time, I am going to run screaming through the streets.

Except I can't run anymore. So I will just look at them wierdly.
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants