Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Kerry, get your bicycle ready or today's TMI!

Very productive OBGYN appt today. I am 2 cm dialated (out of 10), and my cervix is very soft.

My Doc also said that I will not be working after this week.

"This is your last week of work."

"Well, I was kinda hoping to work next..."

"That wasn't a question. This is your last week of work."

"Ok then. Check out this form for me please!"

At least I am glad that the appointments, although short, are quite to the point.

***
And for the "why not" factor, I decided to listen to an old wives' tale and eat Eggplant Parmesean for dinner, in order to move things along. William, himself, is more interested in other certain old wives' tales about how to get labor moving. Bully for him. All I know is that there will be no castor oil in my future, no matter how many women at my school (teachers, staff, administrators, custodians, cafeteria ladies) tell me that it works. No thanks!

***
Also, Dakota has been practicing making faces at where Jason's car seat will be, to cheer him up when he cries. However I am afraid that some of the faces might actually scare him more. We'll see.
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants