Tuesday, January 11, 2005

No birth yet

Thanks Joann for letting me know that the blog world was holding its breath about whether or not Jason was here yet. Ooops!

So we checked in around 10pm Sunday night. They monitored me for 2 hours. I contracted, but didn't dilate. So they admitted me since the contractions were strong and regular. 6 hours later, at 6am, they discharged me for failure to progress. So I have been contracting with lots of regularity since Sunday am, but as of my appt today, am still at...2cm. I will be drinking red raspberry leaf tea, eating fresh pineapple, and anything else I can think of to get this moving from the excrutiatingly painful contraction stage, to the actual labor stage.

***
My mom is here though, and is helping me to clean house before I become the mother of 2. Dakota is loving this (they are playing catch now "keep your eye on the ball, Oma!"). I am loving it too, as my house is slowly getting cleaner, and I have not so much guilt about it, because she is making me do most of the work anyway. And she is making me walk laps around the neighborhood, so perhaps that will help as well.

I promise to keep this better up to date. Info and pics will appear when we know something. Or try this link here. It is the web nursery for where we will be delivering. True, the photos probably won't be up until after we are at home (and hopefully will have blogged), but you can keep an eye out for baby boy Jason L. as it will be shown!

***
I do stink at this. Jeff just called to ask about the baby. Nope, sorry. No baby. I am doing everything I can!
"Too late or still too soon too soon to make lots of bad love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around, run around with a hole in your head 'til tomorrow."
-----They Might Be Giants